Types of data collected
When you visit or use the Service without creating an account, we collect information about how you use the Service, including IP addresses, cookie information, browser type, device type, operating system, time and day of visit, length of visit, what site you came from, what site you visit when you leave us, device ID and/or advertising ID, navigation through the Service, pages visited, games played, your performance in the games, time spent and device and browser settings (collectively, “Usage Data”).
If you create an account on the Service (“Account”), we also collect information provided by you such as first name, last name, username, password and email address (“Registration Data”). Unless specified otherwise, Account Data requested by the Service is required in order to register for an Account.
Following your creation of an Account, we may collect information about the manner of your use of the Service, including session length, IP Address, time of usage, games played, your performance in the games, pages viewed, and other information regarding your use of the Service (collectively with Registration Data, the “Account Data”). Usage Data may be combined with Account Data for the purposes noted under “How We Use and Share Your Data” below.
Users are responsible for any third-party data they provide or share through the Service and confirm that they have the third-party's consent to provide such data to us.
For our EU based website visitors, we may also put in place a Cookie Control Tool on our site.
How we use and share your data
We use and retain the information we collect about you in order to provide the Service to you, manage and maintain your Account, provide customer service, conduct internal analysis, perform billing, invoicing and payment functions in connection with your Account where applicable, provide, monitor and assist in improvements to the Service, to customize content displayed to you, maintain and improve the performance of the Service, and for security or authentication purposes.
We use the information we collect about you in order to send Service-related information to you, to communicate with you about your Account or our relationship, and to send alerts and promotional messages to you. For example, we might send you information about new products and special offers, or to tell you about new features or updates.
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties:
- to enable our third party partners to perform services for us. For instance, such information may be shared with companies that operate or help us operate our Service, perform authentication or analytics, or send emails on our behalf. Some of these third parties may wish to use such information for their own purposes. See the section entitled “Your Choices” below for your options to opt out;
- if you have indicated to us that you wish to receive notifications or promotional messages or content from one of our partners. See the section entitled “Your Choices” below for your options to opt out;
- to enable the processing of the payments you make to us on our behalf;
- if we believe we are required by law to do so, or if we believe that the disclosure is required or necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal process;
- if we believe that it is required by law enforcement in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or a potential threat to our Service or to a third party;
- if we share your email address with our preferred emailing partner for the purpose of sending third party email promotions on our behalf;
- if we enter into a partnership agreement with a marketing company to initiate email, postal mail, or other marketing campaigns on our behalf;
- if the information is required by our legal, financial, and other professional advisors, or our web developers when we upgrade or improve our Website;
- otherwise with your advance consent;
- with any affiliate, parent or subsidiary company of ours, with an entity who acquires us, or with a successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may give our customer files as part of that transaction.
Use of your information by third parties for advertising and marketing purposes
We use third party partners to perform various services for us, such as displaying ads for our Service on third party websites, applications and other forms of media, and tailoring such ads to the User’s interests and behavior (including interest and behavior detected outside of the Service). Some of our third party partners and a link to their respective privacy policies are shown on our Partners Page. For more information, please review such third party partners’ privacy policies.
You may opt out of tailored advertising from many of our third party partners by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page. Such programs do not necessarily cover all partners, and several partners maintain their own opt-out functionality, which is shown on our Partners Page. Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise will apply to interest-based advertising by the third party partners you select, but will still allow the collection of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests.
Cross device linking
Some of our third party partners may engage in establishing connections between a User’s devices to provide interest-based advertising and/or analytics across devices. Cross-device connections allow the partner to understand that a single user is accessing Service-related ads or content from multiple devices, and to synchronize or target advertising messages or content and/or measure performance across those devices. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices with respect to it, please: (1) visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in browsers for ad serving purposes; and (2) visit our Partners Page to opt-out of individual third party partners’ cross-device linking, in cases where such partners’ activities are not covered by the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please click the unsubscribe link in the email. Even if you opt out of marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages, which include Service-related communications and responses to your questions.
You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving any promotional emails from our third party partners, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email.
You may opt out of tailored advertising from many of our third party partners by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page. Some of these partners maintain their own opt-out functionality, which is shown on our Partners Page. Please visit that page to opt out of individual partners not covered by the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. However, if you block cookies, certain features of the Service may not work.
Users may also opt-out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general.
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
Your Rights to Receive Copies, Correct, Modify or Delete Your Information
If you are a European resident or a resident of another jurisdiction in which such rights apply, You have a number of rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you. California residents: please see the section entitled “California Privacy Rights”. Nevada residents: please see the section entitled “Nevada Privacy Rights”.
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- o correct the personal data we hold about you;
- to ask us to delete your Account or personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes;
- to withdraw your consent to use of your personal data;
- to exercise your choices with regards to the sharing of your personal data as noted under “Your Choices” above.
There may be exceptions to the rights for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. For instance, if you ask for your Account to be closed, we will do this as soon as reasonably possible, subject to any applicable terms and conditions relating to the Account. If permitted by law, personal data from closed Accounts may be retained in order to comply with legal obligations, prevent fraud or resolve disputes.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights specified above, please email [email protected] or write to us at:
Word Club LLC
18 W 18th St
New York, NY 10011
In addition to the rights above, residents of the European Economic Area also have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
We will generally deal with requests within one month. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and/or the jurisdiction in which you reside. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need longer than one month to respond.
Legal bases for use of your personal data
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your consent. Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time for future data uses.
- Legitimate interest: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals, such as:
- Providing a positive user experience;
- Providing Customer service;
- Protecting our Service;
- Analyzing and improving our business; and
- Managing legal issues.
We have put in place reasonable controls designed to help safeguard the personal data we collect via the Service. However, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot assure you that personal data that we collect will never be accessed or used in an unauthorized way.
California privacy rights
If you reside in Nevada, you may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. You may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by contacting us as noted in the section entitled “Contact” below. Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
The service and children
Storage of information in the United States
Information we maintain may be stored both within and outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States, and that U.S. laws may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
Word Club LLC
18 W 18th St
New York, NY 10011
Email: [email protected]
Last updated: 21 Jan 2022